Unity Tutorial 09

 Unity Endless Game - Part 8 : Collision Detection & Game Over Screen - YouTube

I decided that for this week I would choose  my own Unity Tutorial in order to progress my learning specifically targeting something that could be directly implemented into the game i would be designing as part of my game. The tutorial I chose would allow for a game over screen to appear upon collision with an obstacle, going one step further than the debug logs warning of a game over. The video I chose to achieve this I found on YouTube and is about sixteen minutes long. The reason I chose this video is because the narrator and instructor is designing a game similar to me in that he is also designing an endless runner however his game allows for the player to move left or right  whereas my game sends the objects towards the player so as to avoid having to add extra code to ensure that the obstacles spawn at a set distance from each other. Despite following the video I have been unable to get the "Game Over" screen to appear upon the specified conditions being met and so I have been unable to progress to the end of the video in fear that I will destroy all the work I have put into this game so far.

Image from Video



Comments

  1. Hey Cormac I think it’s a great idea that you decided to do a tutorial all on your own in order to further your own knowledge. That’s shows determination and mental fortitude. Very admirable. I know this part is pretty obvious but I’d say throw an email to Irene for advice.

    I would offer to help you with your game but I’m a dunce when it comes to Unity and am not a good teacher so you’d be better with her or somebody else in the course smarter than me 😂

    Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cormac, I looked at your other blog posts about your game, and I think it looks good. I look forward to playing it.
    I have also looked at some unity tutorials on YouTube to implement some elements to my game and found them to be helpful.
    For the “game over” part you could probably find better code on YouTube or Unity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts