Introduction to the future

 Hello, my name is Cormac McAuley I'm 22 years old and I am 2nd year student of Creative Digital Media at TUD Blanchardstown. I was born and raised in Dublin spending most of my life in the county. I enjoy sports such as Gaelic Football, Hurling and football with Manchester United being my favourite football team. I also enjoy playing videogames such as Red Dead Redemption 2 or Warframe and watching movies particularly horror and comedies even on the rare occasion a, horror-comedy. In my free time when I'm playing Videogames or watching movies, I like to listen to music such as Simon & Garfunkel or John Denver.

Growing up I always wanted to make videogames, look in the credits and see my name, with this course and this module in particular I hope I will be on my way to achieving this dream. I hope that if and when I work for a gaming company that its not for someone crap like EA (Electronic Arts) remaking the same Fifa game with a new colour scheme that I've played for several years now but for somebody like Rockstar developing some huge critically and commercially successful game like Grand Theft Auto V or Red Dead Redemption 2.

My favourite module last semester was Web Development 2 because I like the lecturer, the course content and it was my best grade from last year. I disliked both photography modules last year simply because I'm terrible at photography no other reason whatsoever.

Just the hit the word count of a minimum 300 words I'll tell you about my pet dog. He's a Red Setter named Toby but I didn't pick the name I wnated Indiana but I won't get into that right now so without further adieu here is a picture of my dog.:



My Dog:



Comments

  1. Hi Cormac that is a very cool aspiration to work for Rockstar ! It also sounds like a great experience to be part of some big game in the future. I also like web dev too although I didn't have much experience in the beginning it was cool to start learning it ! I also really like your dog I have a dog too her name is Ellie she is a mix between a King Charles and a Bichon freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi cormac didnt know ur a gamer we should hop online soon and keep up with the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cormac,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog and i also learned new things about you. I never listened to Simon & Garfunkel or John Denver, so I might give them a listen on spotify. Im glad you got a great grade in in web dev 2 last semester!! Your red setter dog dog toby is adorable ! I had one for 16 years.

    Anyways hope to be back on your blog soon!
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cormac.
    Nice to hear more about you. I am really surprised your dream is to make video games, for some reason I thought you want to be a teacher. That’s because in the group’s WhatsApp chat you are often correcting people’s grammar. 😊
    I am sure you will be a great game designer; this course is a very good beginning.
    Good luck in your studies and I am sure I see you around 😊



    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cormac, it's good to see another fan of red dead redemption 2. Do you play the online or story? Story was by far one of the best there is and I wish I could replay it like it's my first time. Shame the online has sort of been bashed by rockstar with very few updates. Looking forward to seeing your work for web design this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Cormac,
    Wow you were born and raised in Dublin what an amazing county with so many opportunities! Great choice of games 10/10. If you like horror movies you should watch American Horror Story it’s really good. I really hope you can achieve that dream! I disliked photography aswell! Your dog is my favourite part of this introduction! He truely deserves a whole blog post just about him

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cormac, I am glad to see that you found a perfect course for you that will allow you to create a video game. I can see you know your game talk from your other game posts and how you describe everything that we use on Unity, thats awesome! I hope you get to create a cool game! Your dog is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heyy Cormac, This was nice to read and learn more about you. first things first your dog is sooo adorable. I can see you are really into your gaming and that's evident in person too. I'm sure your game will be great once you develop it. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Cormac

    This is a very good introduction post. Your dog is very cute and that's really interesting that you want to work with Rockstar Games. We both have very different opinions on modules. I hated web development and enjoyed photography but each to their own. I hope you are having a great time in this course and I wish you the best of luck into getting into game design

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Cormac, Red dead redemption 2 was such a good game and looked absolutely amazing I enjoyed playing it so much. I have always been interested in creating video games aswell and exaclty what you said imagine seeing your name in the credits of an absolute masterpiece haha would be amazing to say the least. Very nice post overall man.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Cormac,

    How have I not come across your blog intro yet! Love Toby, I abso love red setters. I think he looks more like a Toby personally. So did you enjoy this module as much as you thought you would? It's good you got to experience a bit of game development from it. You made me laugh I read the part you were giving out about EA in your voice. I could hear you saying it. See you in the New Year on campus

    Kev

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Cormac, really nice lil introduction to hear a little bit about you :) Nice to hear that you did well in web dev 2 last year, hope you are enjoying the web design module this year. In love with Mr Toby, he looks like a proper sweetheart hahah, best of luck for the last week of semester 1. Cya in semester 2!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts