Alpha I hope, I think

 So I started to make some major progress in class in regards to the development of my game. I had settled on the camera's position, I got the spawn manager to work and the game had a game over debug. The only issue I had when I left college on Tuesday was that the box collider wasn't working and my player was still going through the obstacle without any collision happening at all. When I get home I find that my Unity has crashed and all the work I have done in college is gone(thank god for the backup I have on a portable drive). To get past this issue I decided to create a new obstacle to see if it would work and to compare the differences between scripts and hierarchy components for the obstacle 1 & 2, but despite the success I have been unable to find any difference. With this achieved I was able to go ahead with a "GameOver" debug log and to ensure that the obstacle no longer spawned or moved should a game over occur.





 My game as it starts

Comments

  1. How’s it going Cormac. Been a good while since I last commented. Glad to see you’re making progress on your game. I still have to play catch up but it’s good to see you’ve got everything under control. Glad you have decided to keep the camera angle you showed me in person on Tuesday. Really made it look like an official game you would find on the app store. God that crashing story sounds like an absolute nightmare. My Unity sometimes crashes when I press play so I can kinda relate. Great to hear you sorted the spawning and the game over. Keep up the good work. You are almost finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaysus Cormac

    That alpha is magnificent. I am particularly intrigued by that extravagant colour scheme. I just love that background setting too it is absolutely beautiful. I am awfully disappointed to hear that your Unity had crashed when you got home from college but I'm so thankful to hear that you got it fixed. I really look forward to seeing the final outcome of this magnificent looking game and I wish you the best of luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi bro your alpha looks to sick and the game is coming together very well. i love the colour on the game its really goes well with your game. My unity always giving up on me it so stressful and painful too. hopefully you will get your game done so i can get a chance to play it best of luck keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The game looks really good, hope you really enjoyed the challenge , so well done on managing all the workload, I hope you can. manage to finish your game so good luck !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sup Cormac , Glad to see your going somewhere with your game and i hope you can get something truly amazing out of it. I love what your doing with the game and i seen another similar game on Subomi's blog. I hope you can get something good out of this and finish with a bang.

    Moe -

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts