Game Design


During my reading which happened to be quite tedious I do say so myself I discovered multiple methods in how games are created particularly in the ideation stage of the game's process of development. Most popular is the method of brainstorming which can be done as an individual (single-layer) or in groups (multiplayer), both ways can lead to original and good ideas however the more individuals that are involved the more likely the idea is going to be good due to the varied viewpoints that can result in a more entertaining and design that has a larger fanbase due to its varied input from multitude of people. Game Design does not have to be in its entirety original and can be unique yet derivative by merging multiple genres to create a new experience like borderlands which is a cross between shooter and rpg.

Links I find to also be a good read:

https://www.cgspectrum.com/blog/game-design-basics-how-to-start-building-video-games

https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/from-zero-to-game-designer-how-to-start-building-video-games-even-if-you-dont-have-any-experience-5e2f9f45f4bb/

https://discover.therookies.co/2020/02/17/beginners-guide-to-becoming-a-video-game-designer/


Just an image I liked related to gaming

 Modern Game Design Process: Pre to Postproduction | Perforce

Comments

  1. Hey Cormac,
    Im back on your blog again because I have such a connection and feel gravitated towards your thoughts. I really like your perception on "what is a game". You're right, games do not have to be original.
    I also agree agree brainstorming is the most effective method for coming up with ideas individually and in a group project.
    Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cormac.
    You mentioned that your research reading was tedious, and I hear you. I found it so hard to read, but I guess it was worth it. We learned, at least where to start with the game making! It seems like mission impossible, but I hope it will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cormac, I completely agree with the reading being tedious it almost feels like it is endless when the page takes ages to scroll to the bottom and all you see is plain text. Although it was tedious we ended up learning about the processes of game design and hopefully we'll be able to implement the strategies we learned into our own work when we make our seperate games.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cormac,
    I love the brainstorming method aswell!! Miro is a good website for this you should check it out!! That’s true “two heads are better than one”. I learned so much while reading this post on Game Design. I can’t wait for more updates on your blog for this module! Thank you for the links I found the very helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts