Game Brainstorm

 For the four game ideas I struggled to come up with multiple game ideas as I had an idea in my head set in stone that i didn't really want to deviate from in any shape or form. My first idea is a running game with obstacles, my second idea is a sort of shooter, my third idea is a puzzle-based game and my fourth and final idea is cross between and quiz and a runner.


my first idea is a game in which the player will either run endlessly overcoming obstacles at an increasingly faster speed in the hope of achieving either the longest run time or distance covered before being eventually tripped up, knocked over or smashing straight into an obstacle that is in the player's way. The game may have a total of three lanes for the player to run along to dodge, jump over or duck the obstacles in the way or the dodge ability may be dropped with only a single lane in use with the other two being non-existent in this version the game. The possibilities of power-ups may be included but will be considered a secondary feature and completely unnecessary to the end result and desired goal for the module.


My second idea is a game in which the player will have to shoot targets firing directly at them while remaining behind a defensive cover which will be destructible. In order for the player to kill the enemies in the game the mouse must be hovered over the enemy and a button must be pressed while in cover the player will have the ability to move left and right along the cover as to avoid being shot along the destructive defensive cover utilized by the player when not firing their gun. When each area has been cleared the player will either move into a new area and fight faster tougher enemies or new enemies will be dropped into the current area to fight the player.


My third idea is the simplest of all the ideas in which the player will be required to get from point a to point b by completing a series of puzzles. None of the puzzles have been decided yet and the possibility of making the puzzles a timed event in which the player will either die or simply fail upon the timer reaching zero or a specific animation happening signalling the player's death such as the floor giving way.


For my fourth and final idea i considered a game which would test players knowledge by asking them questions at set intervals, if the player fails to answer the question properly or not quickly enough they will either lose or die depending on how the game's development goes with a possible death animation not making it into the final cut of the game depending on time restrictions or the difficulty of achieving the desired outcome in regards of the animation's outcome.


Those are all four of my ideas in order of my preference and what I believe will be easiest to make in regards to using the unity engine for the development process of the game. I  hope that by the end of the module I will have learned something new that I will be able to incorporate into my ideas that I didn't even consider because it was too difficult or wasn't part of my thought process at all at the beginning of the development and brainstorming phases. 



                                https://miro.medium.com/max/1400/1*Tlq8iZ4-jp0NB13fuNIMNg.png



Comments

  1. Hi Cormac

    I just read over your blog and i have to say i am excited to see what your going to come up with. I love your second idea in which you will try to make a shooter game. I also have a similar approach to your first choice whereas i am going to be creating some sort of arcade game that runs in a way that replicates the greats like temple run and subway surfers etc. I Look forward to seeing your progress in the creation of the your game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cormac, really cool ideas! I was addicted to temple run when it was around a few years ago so I really like your endless running game idea. I'm also a fan of the shooter game, I like that the enemies become tougher after each wave, it would give the game a good sense of progression. I always find puzzle games interesting too so I think all of your ideas are really promising!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ideas Cormac. The Temple Run like idea is similar to one of the ideas that I personally had. The shooter game looks cool, I feel like for a player it would be a handy game to master in order to become good at games like Call of Duty, Halo etc. I feel the fourth one would be quite a challenge and I feel the third one is the complete opposite. The puzzle game would be good to switch someone's mind off. I love games like that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts